The Foundations of Grief workshop provides an opportunity for those interested in furthering their knowledge in the realm of death, dying and bereavement to get a broad understanding of what grief is, how theories and models of grief have evolved over time, historical aspects of grief work, and an overview of different approaches when working with individuals who are grieving. This workshop is geared towards gaining an understanding of this area of work from a broad perspective so that there is a common language and foundation developed to prepare participants for more in-depth workshops moving forward.
Topics covered include:
- Grief, the different types of grief and barriers to grieving.
- History, culture and current theory.
- Practical resources and assessment tools.
- Perspectives of grieving: trauma, depression and anxiety.
- Supporting grief at different ages and stages.
For more information contact the Faculty of Social Work Professional Development office:
Phone: 519-884-0710 ext. 5234
Cancellations and Transfers
Be sure to carefully review our cancellation and transfer information before registering.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Death, Dying and Bereavement : Death, Dying and Bereavement Certificate
This workshop is currently not available. The 2022/2023 Faculty of Social Work Professional Development course and workshop dates will be available on July 11, 2022.