The Indigenous Field of Study engages each student in a wholistic evaluation which is done in circle, orally and with teachers and Elders to foster transformation. In this module, participants will learn about the role and value of engaging staff and students in a wholistic evaluation process. Participants will experience a wholistic evaluation themselves. This module is a process of learning to provide and receive wholistic feedback using a circle methodology. This is an experiential module that offers participants a very unique growth-promoting experience.
- Gain knowledge of how the IFS engages in wholistic evaluation.
- Engage and experience a wholistic evaluation.
- Collaboratively develop their own wholistic evaluation tool.
Participant will leave with:
- Increased knowledge of what and how to engage in wholistic evaluations.
- An understanding and resources for designing a wholistic evaluation process.
- Wholistic evaluation tool.
- A Transformative learning experience.
COVID-19 RESPONSE FROM THE CENTRE FOR INDIGEGOGY
During the Covid-19 pandemic, many institutions decided to make a transition to remote on-line learning. The Centre for Indigegogy resisted this move because we felt that Indigegogy had to experienced in person and in relationship. However, new experiences and exposure with real time remote teaching and learning has caused us to reconsider the value of real time remote teaching and learning while holding space to enact the principles of Indigegogy.
Our decision to move forward became an opportunity for us to re-envision what it means to offer Indigenous Centre Wholistic Professional Development through ‘real-time’ remote learning. We had to consider:
- How do we maintain Circle Protocols?
- How do we continue to engage in Ceremony?
- How do we hold the principles of Indigegogy (teaching the ways of the people IN the ways of the people)?
There is never a replacement for being with people in person but during this time of social distancing, we believe that we continue to offer quality programming that honours Indigegogy.
We look forward to being in ‘real-time’ remote teaching and learning Circles with you.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Indigenous Peoples Certificate : Indigenous Peoples Certificate