Working with trauma effectively requires a toolkit and skill that can address the multiple nuances and complexities inherent in working within this area of practice. The New Haven Trauma Competencies will be reviewed as foundational to all trauma practice. Following this, the ACR model (Attachment, Regulation, Competency) will introduced as a guided process for assessment and treatment for children, teen, and adults.
The remainder of the workshop will provide a basic foundational understand for trauma integration:
- Trauma and memory.
- The brain and body connection.
- Shifting out of paralysis: a psychobiological approach.
- Understanding the Map for Therapy.
- Mapping the body, mending the mind: SIBAM.
- Bottom-up approach of the three brains, one mind.
- Returning to the Embodied ‘Self’.
Finally, we will briefly review several trauma treatment models used to support “integration”.
For more information contact the Faculty of Social Work Professional Development office:
Phone: 519-884-0710 ext. 5234
Cancellations and Transfers
Be sure to carefully review our cancellation and transfer information before registering.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Trauma Certificate : Trauma Certificate