Successful organizations in the human services sector can adapt to the continuous demand for change. To be successful, staff and management need to develop the specific communication, decision-making and planning skills required when working in an environment dominated by uncertainties and disruption. This two-day course will improve participants' understanding of the influences of change and how to work effectively in a turbulent disruptive environment. The course will address three strategic questions:
- What are the participant’s experience with the uncertainties and disruption affecting human service organizations?
- What future disruptions will have the most impact.
- How do the uncertainties and disruption impact organization performance, staff well-being and the people served by the organization?
- What skills and practices must staff and managers adopt if their organization is to succeed?
Participants will develop an awareness of their personal capacity to manage uncertainties, perform at a high level and maintain a healthy work-life balance. Discussions, case studies and skill development exercises will be used to introduce effective work-place practices, leadership and tools for strategic planning and executing successful organization change.
The course is valuable for anyone who wants their organization to be resilient, effective and successful.
For more information contact the Faculty of Social Work Professional Development office:
Phone: 519-884-0710 ext. 5234
Cancellations and Transfers
Be sure to carefully review our cancellation and transfer information before registering.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Management and Leadership : Management and Leadership