There are certain pleasurable behaviours that are necessary parts of daily living; however, when engaged in excessively, these behaviours can have a negative impact on people’s lives. This workshop will explore the etiology of two of these behaviours; sex and shopping, including risk factors as well as signs, consequences and implications for treatment. This training will address screening and assessment tools and strategies along with the current treatment landscape for shopping and sex addiction.
CACCF: 6 continuing education hours
After this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe how people can become addicted to sex and shopping.
- Identify risk factors for developing sex and shopping addiction.
- Understand signs and consequences of sex and shopping addiction.
- Identify and use screening and assessment tools for these client populations.
- Discuss the current treatment options available for sex and shopping addiction.
For more information contact the Faculty of Social Work Professional Development office:
Phone: 519-884-0710 ext. 5234
Cancellations and Transfers
Be sure to carefully review our cancellation and transfer information before registering.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Addictions Certificate : Addictions Certificate