Inside the Your Organization and Customer Relations section of the Start My Business program, you'll learn how to manage your personal budget, protect yourself legally, create systems for managing your business finances, and develop a sales and marketing strategy that drives results.
If this sounds or feels like what you need, you are ready for the Start My Business program!
Start My Business: Your Organization and Customer Relations
Who is this right for?
Your business may have been recently set up (or not) but has no revenue. As a founder, you have a lot of different ideas that you are working on at the same time and new business ideas may still arise from time to time. Your company isn't generating enough money to pay you a full salary or to pay its first employee.
Challenges you have might include: 1) finding the right customers to create revenue in both the short and the long run; 2) developing and creating the right product portfolio that is attractive to the customers; and 3) learning all the basic disciplines that it takes to build a business.
MODULE 1: Your Continued Start Up Journey
Big journeys begin with small steps. In this module, we’ll discuss what may hold an entrepreneur from starting a business and describe how life experiences teach us business skills. You'll outline your plan for the start of your company, set 30-60-90 days goals, complete a 360 screening of your business to gain perspective and make more informed decisions moving forward.
MODULE 2: Your Personal Budget
As entrepreneurs, one of the main things we must do is find ways to increase revenue. Before we can do this, we also must know how we are spending our money, and how we can make it work for us. In this module, we will discuss your personal budget, how to track expenses, what is impacted by credit scores and lastly, your personal financial goals.
MODULE 3: Legal Issues and Your Business Structure
As entrepreneurs who are just starting out, deciding when and how to register your business can be a difficult decision without first understanding all your options. In this module, we will discuss the types of business structures, when and how to register for HST, provincial and federal legal requirements for your business, and how to protect yourself in advance of legal issues.
MODULE 4: Financials & Bookkeeping 101
As new entrepreneurs, bookkeeping and financials can be intimidating, but once you have the foundation you need to create a system for your finances, you’ll be able to make intentional financial decisions that benefit your business. In this module, we will discuss the earning power of your company’s offerings, how to manage cash flow, costs and expenses, and how to prepare for tax season.
MODULE 5: Your Sales Strategy
As entrepreneurs our sales strategy is always evolving, but in the beginning, we need to find out what makes us stand out, and how best to sell to our customers. In this module, we will discuss your company’s five P’s, how to create a strong sales chain, how to plan your monthly sales activities and how to deliver great service throughout your customer's buying process.
MODULE 6: Marketing and the Digital World
As entrepreneurs, we have a great need to market ourselves, when we want to draw the customers’ attention to our new company and our new products. In this module, we will discuss marketing opportunities, communicating your core messages, lead generation and tools to help you automate your marketing and sales.
MODULE 7: How Do I Make This Happen? Next Steps
Having completed all the earlier modules, you are now ready to design the systems you need to run your business and how you will serve your customers. By making decisions and taking action one-by-one, you are ready for regular customers and a steady income.
- You identify as a cis or trans woman, non-binary, gender-fluid or gender nonconforming person
- 50% or more of your business is owned by a cis or trans woman, non-binary, gender-fluid, or gender nonconforming person
- Your company may have been recently set up (or not) but has no revenue Your company isn't generating enough money to pay you a full salary
- You are open to feedback and new ideas.
- You are open to providing regular constructive feedback to the program.
Join Us and You'll Get:
- Educational training workshops with experts in the field ($2400 value), to learn best practices to take your business to the next level.
- Slide decks ($190 value) to review, take notes, and enhance your training.
- Video recordings ($300 value) so that you can schedule your training around your time.
- GrowthWheel decision sheets ($500 value) to get focused, set agendas, make decisions and to take action.
- 1:1 ($600 value) to get perspective on your business.
- Additional monthly webinars ($600 value) for ongoing learning and tools to help you grow.
- 30/60/90 days goal setting and 360 screening ($300 value) to get focused and map current challenges and opportunities in the business.
- Growthwheel ($300 value) a toolbox to get focused, find the path to growth, and make decisions that lead to action.
Prior to registration, women entrepreneurs who live in southern Ontario can email email@example.com to receive a discount code for tuition subsidy through our partnership with the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario.
Up to 10 days before the start of course: Full refund less 15% administrative fee. One to nine days before start of course: Full refund less 30% administrative fee. No refunds will be issued as of the first day of the course. No refunds will be granted for administrative or processing fees.