This certificate is offered by the Centre for Public Safety and Well-Being. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
This online, five-module (154 hours), introductory Positive Psychology Certificate prepares students with the knowledge and skills to effectively utilize the scientific foundations and applied interventions of positive psychology to enhance their overall well-being through collaborative and experiential learning.
The combination of theoretical and practical approaches in positivity, optimism and well-being provides you with the background and necessary tools to reduce the impact of associated workplace stress related to your personal and professional lives. The implementation of positive psychology-based exercises and strategies contributes to positive mental wellness, increasing psychological assets and resourcefulness.
As a final capstone of the certificate, you will develop an initiative as part of your contribution to promoting well-being within the workplace, increasing the sustainability of your own progress while simultaneously benefiting your workplaces and community.
Want to learn more about Positive Psychology and Positive Education?
Join one of our free Zoom information sessions! Email email@example.com to register:
August 24th, 2022 - 6pm EST
In this certificate program, you will:
- Develop a sound understanding of positive psychology and well-being.
- Critically examine positive psychology principles, research and practices.
- Assess and apply various well-being building practices based on individual workplace contexts.
- Identify and implement resources, activities and practices to support and sustain well-being as individuals and as a community within the workplace.
- Analyze the impact of positive social relationships and networks for work, service delivery and practice.
- Collaborate with peers to gain insight regarding potential solutions towards increasing well-being for individuals and work groups.
- Design an initiative to positively influence the workplace and promote a culture of wellness using the practices and principles of positive psychology.
Continuing Education Credits
Our Certificate in Positive Psychology is pre-approved by Canadian Psychological Association. The Centre for Public Safety and Well-Being is approved by the Canadian Psychological Association to offer continuing education for psychologists. The Centre for Public Safety and Well-Being maintains responsibility for the program.
Our Certificate in Positive Psychology is pre-approved by the Human Resources Professional Association.
Our Certificate in Positive Psychology is pre-approved by the Ontario Association of Mental Health Professionals. Participation in this workshop allows OAMHP members to apply 154 hours (CECs) towards their required continuing education hours. OAMHP does not endorse this training or the training provider.
Fall 2022 Dates
- Module 1: Exploration of the Fundamentals of Positive Psychology - September 19 - October 31, 2022
- Module 2: Signature and Character Strengths - November 14 - December 12, 2022
- Module 3: Self-Care - January 9 - February 6, 2023
- Module 4: Quality Connections - February 20 - March 20, 2023
- Module 5: A Pathway for Resilience - April 3 - May 8, 2023
Winter 2023 Dates
- Module 1: Exploration of the Fundamentals of Positive Psychology - February 27 - April 10, 2023
- Module 2: Signature and Character Strengths - April 24 - May 22, 2023
- Module 3: Self-Care - June 5 - July 3, 2023
- Module 4: July 17 - August 14, 2023
- Module 5: August 28 - October 2, 2023
As a student in the Positive Psychology Certificate program, starting in Module 2, you will receive a one-year subscription to the Positive Psychology Practitioner’s Toolkit, and the VIA Total Character Strengths Report – a $525 value.
Positive Psychology Certificate: $4,150 (If all modules are taken within the same session)
Positive Psychology Modules 1-5 taken separately: $4,345 (not recommended)
Important note: This certificate was designed as a cohort model program. It is HIGHLY recommended that you take all of these courses in the same session. All courses are required to be taken in sequential order. You will receive $195 off the cost of the full certificate when you register for all 5 courses in one session. Any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Positive psychology uses scientific research to understand how we can shift our emotions and thinking from a neutral state to a more positive, flourishing state. It is not an alternate method of treating psychological disorders or mental illness. The Positive Psychology Certificate, offered through the Centre for Public Safety and Well-Being, seeks to help students learn how positive psychology principles are used to build resilience, manage emotions and deal with stress, and promote life satisfaction and well-being. The certificate does not provide graduates the authority to practice psychology, offer psychological services, or use the word "psychologist" or "positive psychology" in their title or as part of services they may offer.