The pace of change and technology is growing exponentially. So are the associated risks.
Skilled risk managers are needed to comprehensively study and quickly identify risks is needed to prevent and mitigate loss within organizations.
In conjunction with Global Risk Management Institute
, Laurier offers the three required courses
to obtain the Canadian Risk Management (CRM) certificate and designation
In an increasingly risky world, risk managers will play a crucial role making better strategic decisions and avoid loss exposures for:
- Financial institutions
- Large corporations and organizations
- And more!
What is a Canadian Risk Management (CRM) designation?
- A designation awarded by the Global Risk Management Institute (GRMI) indicating risk managers have foundational knowledge and skills needed to identify, assess, monitor and limit risks
- A designation recognized by the The Risk Management Society (RIMS) and many of Canada’s leading government and financial institutions
- Participants are required to take a standardized exam through GRMI after each completed certificate course to obtain the full designation. Additional exam fees from GRMI will apply.
Your first step to CRM Designation: Laurier's Canadian Risk Management (CRM) Certificate
The CRM certificate indicates a foundational understanding of risk management. Certificate holders will gain access to write a full CRM designation exam with GRMI (read more about obtaining your full designation).
Throughout the Laurier CRM Certificate, learners will:
- Engage in three online courses (36 hours each)
- Participate in asynchronous online learning on your own schedule
- Gain expert instructor support throughout the program from an experienced Risk Manager
- Optional synchronous learning, discussion and support
You will receive:
- A letter of completion after each completed course
- A Canadian Risk Management Certificate from Laurier upon completing all three courses
- After each completed course, learners will gain access GRMI's corresponding designation exam (additional fee applies)
Even if you don’t plan on writing a full designation exam with GRMI, the CRM certificate from Laurier provides the best foundation for those entering the field of risk management.
Why go further to earn the CRM Designation?
Competitiveness: Formal training gives CRM holders a competitive advantage that employers seek.
Credentials: Demonstrates that CRM holders have achieved the knowledge and skills necessary to identify, assess, monitor and limit risks.
Recognition: CRM holders stand out among others in a competitive marketplace.
Advancement: Improves the ability of CRM holders to achieve their organization's risk management objectives and their career goals.
How to earn your CRM Certificate and CRM Designation
To earn the CRM certificate from Laurier, participants must:
Complete three foundational exam prep courses CRM54, CRM55 and CRM56 (passing grade 50%).
After each course, you will receive a letter of completion from Laurier showing GRMI you are eligible to take the corresponding designation exam.
After completing the three courses at Laurier, earn the Canadian Risk Management Certificate from Laurier.
To earn the CRM designation from RIMS and GRMI, participants must:
Pass the corresponding standardized exam through GRMI (passing grade 70%)
After passing your three designation exams you will earn the Canadian Risk Management (CRM) Designation from GRMI.
Further details regarding eligibility can be found on the Canadian Risk Management website.
Register today! Courses start in September and run once per year:
Courses start in September and each run once per year. Courses do not need to be taken in chronological order. Register and complete courses on your schedule.
Register for all three courses simultaneously to apply a 10% discount at checkout.