* Details regarding registration for the 2021/2022 Program Evaluation Certificate will be available this summer.
The Program Evaluation Certificate will introduce you to a different evaluation approaches, designs, methods, and the skills to apply this knowledge to your own work. Each week, you will be asked to apply your learnings to create an evaluation plan for a program within your organization or local community. In addition to coaching provided through group workshops, your one-on-one consulting session with an evaluation expert will give you detailed feedback on your plan and answer any questions you have. By the end of the program, you'll walk away with everything you need to conduct a successful program evaluation.
Our certificate is designed for those who need to evaluate, analyze and improve upon programs and/or services within the workplace. The certificate program is offered in partnership with the Centre for Community Research, Learning and Action (CCRLA). CCRLA is a community-engaged research centre located within Laurier's Faculty of Science.
- Develop a strong program theory of change and logic model.
- Know what evaluation approach and type suits your needs
- Conduct effective interviews and focus groups.
- Design surveys.
- Analyze survey and interview data.
- Create a knowledge mobilization strategy
- Apply findings to improve programs and services.
- Integrate evaluation approaches into organizational learning and development.
Each unit consists of an online module and an interactive, virtual class session. We recommend familiarizing yourself with the online content prior to the classroom component. All interactive, virtual class sessions are scheduled bi-weekly using zoom.