CRM 55: Risk Assessment and Treatment explores the selection, implementation and monitoring of risk assessment and treatment techniques in order to prevent or minimize actual loss.
Subjects covered in this course include:
- Introduction to risk assessment and treatment.
- Root cause analysis; business continuity management.
- Physical property risk.
- Intellectual property and reputation risk.
- Legal and regulatory risk.
- Management liability; human resource risk.
- Environmental risk.
- Crime and cyber risk.
- Fleet risk.
Instructor: Steve Scullion, Branch Manager/Senior Adjuster, Granite Claims Solutions.
Required textbooks: Risk Assessment and Treatment and Risk Assessment and Treatment Course Guide.
A passing grade of 50% will indicate the completion of the course. You will receive a letter of completion after each course to provide GRMI, indicating you are eligible to write your course designation exam. Upon completion of all three courses with a passing grade, you will receive the Canadian Risk Management Certificate.
- Up to 10 days before the start of course: Full refund less 15% administrative fee.
- One to nine days before start of course: Full refund less 30% administrative fee.
- No refunds will be issued as of the first day of the course.
PrerequisitesSuccessful completion of Risk Management Principles and Practices (CRM 54) or a fundamental knowledge of business management, employee benefits and general insurance (e.g. work experience in the insurance field) is suggested before registering in this course.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Canadian Risk Management Certificate : Canadian Risk Management Certificate