This course, CRM 56: Risk Financing, investigates the selection, implementation and monitoring of risk financing techniques and the funds an organization can obtain to pay when accidental losses strike.
Subjects covered in this course include:
- Introduction to risk financing
- Estimating hazard risk
- Self-insurance plans
- Retrospective rating plans
- Captive insurance
- Contractual insurance
- Transferring financial risk
- Transferring hazard risk to the capital markets
- Allocating costs of managing hazard risk
Instructor: Sasha Alexander, Co-Founder and Principal BA, RF, CIP, Maccova Inc.
Required textbooks: Risk Financing and Risk Financing Course Guide
- A passing grade of 50% will indicate the completion of the course.
- You will receive a letter of completion after this course to provide RIMS, indicating you are eligible to write your designation exam (designation exam is an additional fee from RIMS, full details here).
- Upon completion of all three courses with a passing grade, you will receive the Canadian Risk Management Certificate from Laurier.
Complete all Courses in this Certificate
Register for all three CRM certificate courses at once to receive a 10% discount (apply the discount at checkout). Courses run once per year and can be taken in any order.
- Up to 10 days before the start of course: Full refund less 15% administrative fee.
- One to nine days before start of course: Full refund less 30% administrative fee.
- No refunds will be issued as of the first day of the course.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Canadian Risk Management Certificate : Canadian Risk Management Certificate