This course is intended to familiarize you with the basic concepts and processes of risk management in a Canadian environment. This is the first of three courses required to obtain the Canadian Risk Management Certificate.
Subjects covered in this course include:
- Risk management concept and objectives.
- Risk management in an organization and its effect on profits.
- Risk management techniques.
- Risk identification and analysis.
- Property risks.
- Income risks.
- Liability risks: traditional, industrial, consumer, environmental.
- Employee (personnel) risks.
- Probability techniques in risk management.
- Risk management decision-making and capital budgeting methods.
Instructor: Stephen Scullion, Branch Manager/Senior Adjuster, Granite Claims Solutions.
Required textbooks: Risk Management Principles and Practices and Risk Management Principles and Practices Course Guide.
A passing grade of 50% will indicate the completion of the course. You will receive a letter of completion after each course to provide GRMI, indicating you are eligible to write your course designation exam. Upon completion of all three courses with a passing grade, you will receive the Canadian Risk Management Certificate.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Canadian Risk Management Certificate : Canadian Risk Management Certificate