- Risk management concept and objectives
- Risk management in an organization and its effect on profits
- Risk management techniques
- Risk identification and analysis
- Property risks
- Income risks
- Liability risks: traditional, industrial, consumer, environmental
- Employee (personnel) risks
- Probability techniques in risk management
- Risk management decision-making and capital budgeting methods
Instructor: Stephen Scullion, Senior Claims Examiner / Intact Public Entities
Required textbooks: Risk Management Principles and Practices and Risk Management Principles and Practices Course Guide
- A passing grade of 50% will indicate the completion of the course.
- You will receive a letter of completion after this course to provide to RIMS, indicating you are eligible to write your course designation exam (designation exam is an additional fee from RIMS, full details here).
- Upon completion of all three courses, you will receive the Canadian Risk Management Certificate from Laurier
Complete all Courses in this Certificate
Register for all three CRM certificate courses at once to receive a 10% discount (apply the discount at checkout). Courses run once per year and can be taken in any order.
- Up to 10 days before the start of course: Full refund less 15% administrative fee.
- One to nine days before start of course: Full refund less 30% administrative fee.
- No refunds will be issued as of the first day of the course.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Canadian Risk Management Certificate : Canadian Risk Management Certificate