In this module participants will engage in circle sessions with course facilitators toward engaging circle work, bundle work and principles of Indigegogy. This module’s emphasis is on experiential and reflexive practice. In this module, participants will further tailor their understandings toward their own contexts. Building practices from one's Indigenous centre is a central theme of this module that aims to deepen one's understanding, knowledge and ability to practice and work from an Indigenous centre. We strive to help participants have confidence and pride when applying and practicing our Indigenous knowledge, experiences and teachings.
- Continue to practice circle work in teaching and learning.
- Continue to have teachings and knowledge transferred.
- Reflect on their teaching and learning experiences.
- Engage in doing and experiential learning in circle work.
Participant will leave with:
- Culturally infused teachings related to Indigegogy.
- Enriched circle knowledge.
- Tools to put into practice Indigegogy in their own contexts.
COVID-19 RESPONSE FROM THE CENTRE FOR INDIGEGOGY
During the Covid-19 pandemic, many institutions decided to make a transition to remote on-line learning. The Centre for Indigegogy resisted this move because we felt that Indigegogy had to be experienced in person and in relationship. However, new experiences and exposure with real-time remote teaching and learning has caused us to reconsider the value of real-time remote teaching and learning while holding space to enact the principles of Indigegogy.
Our decision to move forward became an opportunity for us to re-envision what it means to offer Indigenous Centre Wholistic Professional Development through ‘real-time’ remote learning. We had to consider:
- How do we maintain Circle Protocols?
- How do we continue to engage in Ceremony?
- How do we hold the principles of Indigegogy (teaching the ways of the people IN the ways of the people)?
There is never a replacement for being with people in person but during this time of social distancing, we believe that we continue to offer quality programming that honours Indigegogy.
We look forward to being in ‘real-time’ remote teaching and learning Circles with you.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Indigenous Peoples Certificate : Indigenous Peoples Certificate