This workshop is developed and delivered by the Centre for Indigegogy. To learn more about the Centre for Indigegogy, please visit our website wlu.ca/fsw/indigegogy.
This module focuses on restoring of knowledge bundles* within self and circle participants. In this module participants will be engaged in building and creating their bundles for Indigegogy. It offers participants opportunities to continue to grow their own bundles and learn how to care for and carry their bundles.
*Bundles: This term is a wholistic reference to what an individual carries as a result of their learning, knowledge, experiences, cultural identity, teachings and gifts. It refers to the spiritual, emotional, mental and physical knowledge and tools that are carried and cared for in order to implement Indigegogy.
- Begin to understand their own bundle and gifts as Indigenous people.
- Understand the concepts of bundle building and carrying and caring.
- Explore ways they can offer bundle building into their work and lives.
Participants will leave with:
- Enhanced pride, confidence and knowledge of their own bundles.
- Knowledge about how to build bundles with others.
- Understanding bundle building in Indigegogy.
'REAL TIME' REMOTE LEARNING
During the Covid-19 pandemic, many institutions decided to make a transition to remote on-line learning. The Centre for Indigegogy resisted this move because we felt that Indigegogy had to experienced in person and in relationship. However, new experiences and exposure with real-time remote teaching and learning has caused us to reconsider the value of real-time remote teaching and learning while holding space to enact the principles of Indigegogy.
Our decision to move forward became an opportunity for us to re-envision what it means to offer Indigenous Centre Wholistic Professional Development through ‘real-time’ remote learning. We had to consider:
- How do we maintain Circle Protocols?
- How do we continue to engage in Ceremony?
- How do we hold the principles of Indigegogy (teaching the ways of the people IN the ways of the people)?
There is never a replacement for being with people in person but during this time of social distancing, we believe that we continue to offer quality programming that honours Indigegogy.
We look forward to being in ‘real-time’ remote teaching and learning Circles with you.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Indigenous Peoples Certificate : Indigenous Peoples Certificate