0048 - Indigenous Peoples Certificate, Module 7 "Honoring the Land"
In this module of the Indigenous Peoples Certificate, brought to you by the Centre for Indigegogy, participants will be engaging in restoring one’s relationship with Skaagamikwe, our first mother the earth and all of our relatives. Within this restoring there is renewal and opportunity to uncover and rediscover her medicines and one’s place in and with Creation. In doing so the teachings that emerge from the land will inform our spirit, heart mind and body.
We will reflect on our values and beliefs, our relationship with Creator/Creation, ourselves and others. Our way of knowing and carrying that knowledge bundle that finds its expression through our gifts will grow. We will with each other recognize, connect with our unique way of being in the world and be awakened and nourished by that experience that we share. It is an invitation to come to see, feel, know and be in, with, on your life journey alongside fellow travellers fully engaged as an individual, as a family member; as a fellow community member and as a practitioner carrying good medicine in our communities. The universe cares, coming to believe that, experience that, and understand that changes everything.
Course OutlineParticipants will:
- Continue to gain insights and experience with ceremony in Indigegogy.
- Bring their own (or what they know) of their Creation Stories.
- Share Creation Stories, songs, drumming and ceremony.
- Build their ceremonial bundles.
Participant will leave with:
- An enriched understanding of the role of ceremony.
- An enhanced connection to the spirit of teaching and learning.
- Roots that connect who they are with their cultural ancestry, ceremony and land.
- An increased sense of one’s whole self.
This workshop is developed and delivered by the Centre for Indigegogy. To learn more about the Centre for Indigegogy, please visit our website wlu.ca/fsw/indigegogy.
For more information, please contact Raven Morand, Administrative Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PrerequisitesThis workshop makes up 14 out of 84 hours required to receive the Indigenous Peoples Certificate.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Indigenous Peoples Certificate : Indigenous Peoples Certificate