This one-day module will focus on un-packing internal and external manifestations of colonialism in the context of colonial trauma. Participants will gain a better understanding of the political context of colonization and this impact on Indigenous peoples whole being. There are many manifestations and tenants as well as understanding the systemic and structural manifestations of colonization and how it impacts trauma in Indigenous communities. This session sets a decolonial foundation for ongoing sessions and fosters a decolonizing lens for wholistic healing practices.
- Enhanced understanding of the politics of colonization in Canada via Indigenous peoples.
- An increased understanding of how the politics connects to social indicators of health and well being.
- An increased awareness of wholistic practice through a decolonizing lens.
COVID-19 RESPONSE FROM THE CENTRE FOR INDIGEGOGY
During the Covid-19 pandemic, many institutions decided to make a transition to remote on-line learning. The Centre for Indigegogy resisted this move because we felt that Indigegogy had to be experienced in person and in relationship. However, new experiences and exposure with real-time remote teaching and learning has caused us to reconsider the value of real-time remote teaching and learning while holding space to enact the principles of Indigegogy.
Our decision to move forward became an opportunity for us to re-envision what it means to offer Indigenous Centre Wholistic Professional Development through ‘real-time’ remote learning. We had to consider:
- How do we maintain Circle Protocols?
- How do we continue to engage in Ceremony?
- How do we hold the principles of Indigegogy (teaching the ways of the people IN the ways of the people)?
There is never a replacement for being with people in person but during this time of social distancing, we believe that we continue to offer quality programming that honours Indigegogy.
We look forward to being in ‘real-time’ remote teaching and learning Circles with you.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Wholistic Healing Practices and Colonial Trauma Certificate : Wholistic Healing Practices and Colonial Trauma Certificate