In this two day module, Indigenizing Trauma work will focus on generating an understanding of ways helpers create culturally safe and informed practices to assist individuals who have experienced colonial trauma. Utilizing a wholistic approach to teaching and learning, participants will enhance their current practice through this wholistic experience. This module will be experiential in nature and each participant will have an opportunity to understand trauma from an Indigenous wholistic lens and bring their experiences to this session.
- To develop an appreciation for the role and practice of Indigenous cultural approaches to responding to colonial trauma.
- Increased understanding of cultural approaches as a response to the impacts of colonial trauma.
- An enhancement understanding of applying a wholistic practice to your own practice.
COVID-19 RESPONSE FROM THE CENTRE FOR INDIGEGOGY
During the Covid-19 pandemic, many institutions decided to make a transition to remote on-line learning. The Centre for Indigegogy resisted this move because we felt that Indigegogy had to be experienced in person and in relationship. However, new experiences and exposure with real-time remote teaching and learning has caused us to reconsider the value of real-time remote teaching and learning while holding space to enact the principles of Indigegogy.
Our decision to move forward became an opportunity for us to re-envision what it means to offer Indigenous Centre Wholistic Professional Development through ‘real-time’ remote learning. We had to consider:
- How do we maintain Circle Protocols?
- How do we continue to engage in Ceremony?
- How do we hold the principles of Indigegogy (teaching the ways of the people IN the ways of the people)?
There is never a replacement for being with people in person but during this time of social distancing, we believe that we continue to offer quality programming that honours Indigegogy.
We look forward to being in ‘real-time’ remote teaching and learning Circles with you.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Wholistic Healing Practices and Colonial Trauma Certificate : Wholistic Healing Practices and Colonial Trauma Certificate