0055 - Wholistic Healing Practices Certificate, Module 7 "A Community Practice Approach to Family Violence"
Wholistic Healing Practices and Colonial Trauma Certificate, Module 7 "Mino-Yaa-Daa" ("Healing Together"): It Takes a Village" is developed and delivered by the Centre for Indigegogy. Knowledge, beliefs, identities, and values are at the foundation of Indigenous ways of helping which are passed on by Elders, Traditional Teachers, healers, and helpers. Such learning continues to be shared in the context of the current time, so that is it applicable to addressing the needs of Indigenous individuals, families, and communities today. This two-day module will discuss perspectives such as a holistic approach, community-based, interconnectedness and healing justice as they apply to address family violence for those who are harmed, those who do the harming, children, and communities. The information focuses on a family violence healing program which was the first of its kind to be a recognized Indigenous Partner Abuse Response Program. It will include the findings of a research project based on an evaluation over five years of service delivery.
- An Indigenous definition of family violence.
- The root causes of family violence as connected to colonization and its current impacts.
- A greater understanding of wholistic approaches.
- Understanding of cultural safety and how it is applied in practice.
- Knowledge of Indigenous-focused healing services.
- Understanding community empowerment and leadership.
- Mentorship of service users to become service providers.
- How non-Indigenous helpers can incorporate Indigenous worldviews into their practice with both Indigenous and non-Indigenous service users.
This workshop is developed and delivered by the Centre for Indigegogy. To learn more about the Centre for Indigegogy, please visit our website wlu.ca/fsw/indigegogy.
For more information, please contact Raven Morand, Administrative Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RecommendationsThis workshop makes up 14 out of 84 hours required to receive the Wholistic Healing Practices and Colonial Trauma Certificate. Modules 1, 2 and 4 are mandatory core modules.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Wholistic Healing Practices and Colonial Trauma Certificate : Wholistic Healing Practices and Colonial Trauma Certificate