In this two-day module, participants will be taught by an Indigenous school social worker who has worked with incarcerated youth, youth in care and is a youth role model and community leader. Participants have an opportunity to learn from her stories and experiences as she practices from both a wholistic and a colonial trauma-informed lens. Together participants will share stories of working with and supporting Indigenous children and youth towards building ways of practices based on strengths and resilience.
- Increased understanding of how colonial trauma impacts children and youth.
- Knowledge of cultural ways o supporting children and youth.
- Methods for building strength and resilience in one's wholistic practice.
COVID-19 RESPONSE FROM THE CENTRE FOR INDIGEGOGY
During the Covid-19 pandemic, many institutions decided to make a transition to remote on-line learning. The Centre for Indigegogy resisted this move because we felt that Indigegogy had to be experienced in person and in relationship. However, new experiences and exposure with real-time remote teaching and learning has caused us to reconsider the value of real-time remote teaching and learning while holding space to enact the principles of Indigegogy.
Our decision to move forward became an opportunity for us to re-envision what it means to offer Indigenous Centre Wholistic Professional Development through ‘real-time’ remote learning. We had to consider:
- How do we maintain Circle Protocols?
- How do we continue to engage in Ceremony?
- How do we hold the principles of Indigegogy (teaching the ways of the people IN the ways of the people)?
There is never a replacement for being with people in person but during this time of social distancing, we believe that we continue to offer quality programming that honours Indigegogy.
We look forward to being in ‘real-time’ remote teaching and learning Circles with you.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Wholistic Healing Practices and Colonial Trauma Certificate : Wholistic Healing Practices and Colonial Trauma Certificate