This two-day module is steeped in traditional land-based knowledge. The Elder will share teachings and practices of the importance of the land in healing practices. During this module, participants will be exposed to teachings of plants and medicines. As we sit in Circle, we will be talking about the role of medicines in healing. We will be talking about and sharing the different ceremonies and medicines that help in the healing process. Participants will have a wholistic land-based healing experience during this two-day module.
- Learn about traditional ceremonies and their application and use in healing processes.
- Learn how to take the people you work with on the land to find the medicines they need for their healing.
- Learning about the role of particular medicines in the healing process.
COVID-19 RESPONSE FROM THE CENTRE FOR INDIGEGOGY
During the Covid-19 pandemic, many institutions decided to make a transition to remote on-line learning. The Centre for Indigegogy resisted this move because we felt that Indigegogy had to be experienced in person and in relationship. However, new experiences and exposure with real-time remote teaching and learning has caused us to reconsider the value of real-time remote teaching and learning while holding space to enact the principles of Indigegogy.
Our decision to move forward became an opportunity for us to re-envision what it means to offer Indigenous Centre Wholistic Professional Development through ‘real-time’ remote learning. We had to consider:
- How do we maintain Circle Protocols?
- How do we continue to engage in Ceremony?
- How do we hold the principles of Indigegogy (teaching the ways of the people IN the ways of the people)?
There is never a replacement for being with people in person but during this time of social distancing, we believe that we continue to offer quality programming that honours Indigegogy.
We look forward to being in ‘real-time’ remote teaching and learning Circles with you.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Wholistic Healing Practices and Colonial Trauma Certificate : Wholistic Healing Practices and Colonial Trauma Certificate