This workshop is designed to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of specialized populations as well as provide some practical tools to engage and support these clients across a broad range of settings. This workshop will use various methods to facilitate meaningful dialogue and learning. Upon completion of this workshop, participants will have the knowledge to help generate foundational skills in ensuring a client-centered practice, whether leading to lasting change or "planting a seed".
This workshop will use a stages of change informed approach in helping clinicians develop effective clinical engagements with a wide range of clients experiencing complex needs.
CACCF: 12 continuing education hours.
Topics of the workshop will include:
- Delivering addiction work through a trauma informed lens.
- Engaging mandated clients in a change process.
- Exploring substance use issues among older adults.
- How to use harm reduction as a therapeutic intervention tool in addictions work.
- Working with individuals experiencing complex concurrent issues.
For more information contact the Faculty of Social Work Professional Development office:
Kitchener: 519-884-0710 ext. 5234
Milton: 519-884-0710 ext. 5235
Online: 519-884-0710 ext. 5235
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Addictions Certificate : Addictions Certificate
This workshop is currently not available. The 2021/2022 Faculty of Social Work Professional Development course and workshop dates will be available in early July 2021.