This workshop is designed to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of specialized populations as well as provide some practical tools to engage and support these clients across a broad range of settings. This workshop will use various methods to facilitate meaningful dialogue and learning. Upon completion of this workshop you will have the knowledge to help generate foundational skills in ensuring a client centered practice, whether leading to lasting change or "planting a seed".
Topics of the workshop will include:
- Delivering addiction work through a trauma informed lens.
- Engaging mandated clients in a change process.
- Exploring substance use issues among older adults.
- How to use harm reduction as a therapeutic intervention tool in addictions work.
- Working with individuals experiencing complex concurrent issues.
This workshop will use a stages of change informed approach in helping clinicians develop effective clinical engagements with a wide range of clients experiencing complex needs.
CACCF: 12 continuing education hours.
CCPA -- Pre-approved for 12 CEUs
For more information contact the Faculty of Social Work Professional Development office:
Cancellations and Transfers
Be sure to carefully review our cancellation and transfer information before registering.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Addictions Certificate : Addictions Certificate