WHAT IS THE PROGRAM EVALUATION CERTIFICATE?
There is a substantial body of knowledge on the practice and theory of program evaluation which this program will address.
The program will also explore emerging issues and topics in evaluation relating to its ability to decrease inequities in society and uphold ethical standards, social justice values, and decolonial and anti-oppressive practices.
We welcome learners who can contribute lived experiences and offer real-world challenges that can enhance the learning experience for everyone in the program.
Our certificate is designed for those who need to evaluate, analyze and improve upon programs and/or services within the workplace.
The certificate program is offered in partnership with the Centre for Community Research, Learning and Action (CCRLA). CCRLA is a community-engaged research centre located within Laurier's Faculty of Science.
PROGRAM EVALUATION CERTIFICATE - KEY LEARNINGS
- Develop a strong program theory of change and logic model
- Know what evaluation approach and type suits your needs
- Conduct effective interviews and focus groups
- Design surveys
- Analyze survey and interview data
- Create a knowledge mobilization strategy
- Apply findings to improve programs and services
- Integrate evaluation approaches into organizational learning and development
HOW WILL YOU LEARN PROGRAM EVALUATION SKILLS?
- This certificate is offered completely online and remotely
- 84 hours of synchronous and self-paced learning
- Apply weekly learning to develop an evaluation plan for a program at current organization
- One-on-one expert consultation, 30 hours of live group coaching sessions and ongoing support from an experienced program evaluator instructor
WHY TAKE THIS COURSE?
- Receive a Continuing Education certificate from Laurier
- Gain an in-demand skillset for a fast-growing applied field.
- Get the skills to immediately apply your knowledge within your organization.
- Connect with a community of peers
All course work including the final project must be completed within the scheduled time to be considered complete towards the certificate.
If an extension is required, you must communicate with the course instructor prior to the scheduled course end date, to discuss an extension. Extensions will not be given longer than three weeks after scheduled course end date.
WHAT PAST LEARNERS ARE SAYING:
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Program Evaluation Certificate : Program Evaluation Certificate