Special Education, Part 1 is intended to enhance professional practice, and extend knowledge and skills in this subject area. The course will employ a critical, pedagogical lens to explore the following areas in a holistic and integrated manner:
- theoretical foundations
- development of learners
- program planning and implementation
- instructional practices
- assessment and evaluation
- the learning environment
- ethical considerations related to teaching and learning across the division
The Additional Qualification course: Special Education, Part I is a key course for building teaching competencies in fostering inclusive classrooms. This is an introductory course with a focus on the theory and practice underpinning special education. The course explores exceptionalities and diagnosed conditions, teaching strategies, resources, program planning, and other issues related to teaching and learning in inclusive classrooms.
- This $50.00 discount applies to Laurier Waterloo BEd graduates only.
- Use discount code ALUMNI50 during checkout to have discount applied.
- Up to and including the first day of course: Full refund less 15% administrative fee.
- No refunds will be issued after the first day of the course.
- If course is cancelled due to insufficient registration: 100% refund
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that they are eligible to take this course and have it applied to their OCT record.
- Applicants must be a member in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers
For more information, contact the AQ office at email@example.com.