Questioning Ability is an introductory course that surveys themes related to disability and ability as they engage theology, faith communities, accessibility, the body, and community. Students will identify barriers to the full participation and leadership for people with disabilities and explore how faith communities can improve access and inclusion.
In this course you will:
- Critique the term “disability”, and “normal”.
- Discuss how a deficit-based understanding of disability impedes the full participation of people with disabilities in society, and church communities in particular.
- Explore our calling as Christians to create radically welcoming communities.
- Identify strategies to create communities that allow people with disabilities to fully participate.
- Listen to the lived experience of people with disabilities.
- Up to 10 days before the start of course: Full refund less 15% administrative fee.
- One to nine days before start of course: Full refund less 30% administrative fee.
- No refunds will be issued as of the first day of the course.
Explore the Certificate in Disability, Inclusive Ministry, and Christian Faith
Other Required Courses
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Disability, Inclusive Ministry and Christian Faith : Certificate in Disability, Inclusive Ministry and Christian Faith