This course supports the adult faith formation of Catholic teachers with a special emphasis on discipleship and the pursuit of justice.
With an in-depth study of the prophetic voice in Catholic Tradition, teachers will make connections between their baptismal call and the work of evangelizing and catechising children and youth in the delivery of religious education curriculum, and in the nurturing of Christian community in schools.
Through the study of sacred scripture, personal and communal prayer, and the social justice teaching of the Church, teachers will learn to align their classroom practices to support all students for overall wellbeing and academic achievement, mindful of the inviolate dignity of each student.
The combination of informed faith with effective pedagogy supports teachers in addressing the goals outlined for Ontario Catholic School Graduates.
- This $50.00 discount applies to Laurier Waterloo BEd graduates only.
- Use discount code ALUMNI50 during checkout to have discount applied.
- Up to and including the first day of course: Full refund less 15% administrative fee.
- No refunds will be issued after the first day of the course.
- If course is cancelled due to insufficient registration: 100% refund
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that they are eligible to take this course and have it applied to their OCT record.
- Applicants must be a member in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers.
- Applicants must have successfully completed the Religious Education, Part 1 AQ course.
- Confirmation of Teaching Experience form, found at www.wlu.ca/education/aq must be submitted to the AQ office before the first day of class in order to complete registration and begin the course.
For more information, contact the AQ office at firstname.lastname@example.org.