This workshop will focus on three key learning components of the structural dissociation and treatment for chronic traumatization. This will include:
- Advancing knowledge of the structural dissociation of the personality.
- Understanding chronic traumatization from Pierre Janet psychology of action.
- Treatment of chronically traumatized clients which include the following:
- promoting adaptive actions
- general treatment principles
- phase one:
- overcoming the phobia of attachment and attachment loss
- overcoming the phobia of trauma-derived mental actions
- overcoming the phobia of dissociative parts
- phase two:
- overcoming the phobia of traumatic memory
- phase three:
- integration of personality and overcoming the phobias of normal life
For more information contact the Faculty of Social Work Professional Development office:
Phone: 519-884-0710 ext. 5234
Cancellations and Transfers
Be sure to carefully review our cancellation and transfer information before registering.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Trauma Certificate : Trauma Certificate