Course DescriptionThis workshop, applicable for any team member, not just team leads, allows you to explore the factors that enhance and inhibit team development. Whether working in a new group or in an established team, every group/team has its strengths and weaknesses. Exploring strengths and weaknesses enables you to intentionally, both as an individual and as a team, transform weaknesses into strengths. Some of the activities and discussion will focus on:
- Being part of a new group and exploring tactics to move from a group to a team.
- Completing an online personality assessment.
- Completing online group decision making simulation that allows for assessment of individual decisions and group consensus decisions.
- Completing your Group Styles Inventory (GSI) -- both individual and group composite.
- Exploring synergistic problem-solving model and GSI components.
- Assessing areas for improvement using the group’s composite.
- Team development models and tools for back at work.
- Exploring actions individuals can take back to work to improve groups/teams.
- An understanding of your group’s “personality” or styles of interaction.
- Experience group interactions in a variety of problem-solving modalities.
- Identify productive and counterproductive group styles.
- Learn a model for effective group processes.
- Identify, initiate and implement changes in how you work with others to improve your group process skills (both interpersonal and rational skills).
For more information contact the Faculty of Social Work Professional Development office:
Phone: 519-884-0710 ext. 5234
Cancellations and Transfers
Be sure to carefully review our cancellation and transfer information before registering.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Management and Leadership Certificate : Management and Leadership