In this workshop, you can expect to learn about:
- ACT as an option for group treatments.
- Why ACT would be a desired therapy style for group treatment.
- ACT vs. treatment as usual for groups, similarities and differences.
- The ACT therapist's stance in a group context.
- Exploring the hexaflex ACT processes in a group context.
- ACT group treatment skills and interventions.
- Experiential exercises.
Luoma, J. B., Hayes, S. C., & Walser, R. D. (2007). Learning ACT: An acceptance and commitment therapy skills-training manual for therapists. New Harbinger Publications.
Westrup, D., & Wright, M. J. (2017). Learning ACT for Group Treatment: An Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Skills Training Manual for Therapists. Context Press.
Stoddard, J. A., & Afari, N. (2014). The Big Book of ACT Metaphors: A Practitioner’s Guide to Experiential Exercises and Metaphors in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. Oakland, CA: New Harbinger Publications.
For more information contact the Faculty of Social Work Professional Development office:
Phone: 519-884-0710 ext. 5235
Cancellations and Transfers
Be sure to carefully review our cancellation and transfer information before registering.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) Certificate : Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)