Understanding the impact of crisis and trauma on peoples’ lives and being able to respond in meaningful ways are crucial skills for those working in the helping professions.
This workshop will provide both a conceptual framework and practical skills for assessment and interventions when working with those who have experienced a range of crisis and/or traumatic experiences.
This workshop will leave participants with:
- An understanding of the meaning of crisis and practical crisis intervention skills.
- A conceptual framework for understanding trauma.
- Practical and applicable therapeutic tools for responding to trauma and traumatized individuals.
- Specific counseling techniques that are proven effective for people with lived trauma experiences.
- An understanding of the impact of vicarious trauma and compassion fatigue, as well as skills to manage the impact of the work on ourselves.
Sue and Sandy use a relaxed, interactive teaching style with lots of discussion and time to reflect on the material. Come to the workshop prepared to interact and practice the skills!
CCPA -- Pre-approved for 12 CEUs
For more information contact the Faculty of Social Work Professional Development office:
Remote: 519-884-0710 ext. 5234
Online: 519-884-0710 ext. 5235
Cancellations and Transfers
Be sure to carefully review our cancellation and transfer information before registering.