Great managers, whether managing in human services or elsewhere, make it look easy. It is not.
This module will focus on the importance of being an "intentional" manager, being explicit about all that one does as a manager.
Theories, paradigms, styles and strategic approaches of managing within the specific context of nonprofit human services will be explored. Some of the topics of discussion will include:
- The Social Sector: Good to Great
- You, your role and the organization
- Organizational culture, structure and processes
- Peak performance and your accountability to create it
- Power and influence
- Organizational and community capacity building elements and your role
- Analyzing an issue of importance to you and creating an action plan
Participants are to think of a situation, challenge or issue they would like to address and strategize with colleagues throughout the workshop. Several online self-assessments will be completed. Details to follow closer to selected workshop date.
NotesFor more information contact the Faculty of Social Work Professional Development office:
Phone: 519-884-0710 ext. 5234
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Management and Leadership : Management and Leadership