0127 - Fundamentals of Management
Great managers, whether managing in human services or elsewhere, make it look easy. It is not.
This module will focus on the importance of being an "intentional" manager, being explicit about all that one does as a manager.
Theories, perspectives, styles and strategic approaches of managing within the specific context of nonprofit human services will be explored. Some of the topics of discussion will include:
- You, your role and the organization.
- Peak performance and your accountability to create it.
- The Social Sector: Good to Great.
- Organizational culture, structure and processes.
- Power and influence.
- Organizational and community capacity building elements and your role.
- Analyzing an issue of importance to you and creating an action plan.
Participants are to think of a situation, challenge or issue they would like to address and strategize with colleagues throughout the workshop. Several online self-assessments will be completed. Details to follow closer to the start date.
For more information contact the Faculty of Social Work Professional Development office:
Phone: 519-884-0710 ext. 5234
Cancellations and Transfers
Be sure to carefully review our cancellation and transfer information before registering.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Management and Leadership Certificate : Management and Leadership