This level two training will build on prior knowledge and skills from the introductory polyvagal workshop (Polyvagal Theory: A Bottom-Up Approach for Trauma Treatment). This training will provide an expanded understanding of the following areas within a polyvagal-informed approach, including:
- Overview of the three principles of polyvagal theory.
- The how-to’s of bringing polyvagal theory to your clients.
- The role of vagal tone and physiological regulation of emotions.
- The vagal pathway as a means towards compassion.
- The role of polyvagal-informed group psychotherapy.
- The neurophysiological mechanisms of ‘feeling safe’ within the therapeutic relationship.
- A new understanding of psychological disorders and somatopsychological problems from a polyvagal-informed practice.
A significant component of this training will cover many practical hands-on exercises for applying polyvagal-informed techniques to your practice.
For more information contact the Faculty of Social Work Professional Development office:
Phone: 519-884-0710 ext. 5234
Cancellations and Transfers
Be sure to carefully review our cancellation and transfer information before registering.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Trauma Certificate : Trauma Certificate